TL;DR: For blockchainapi.com users, if you decide to create an account, we ask for the bare minimum and only share it with services that are absolutely necessary for the app to function.
At Blockchain API, we are committed to complying with GDPR, CCPA, PECR and other privacy regulations on our website and all of our products too. The privacy of your data — and it is your data, not ours! — is a big deal to us.
In this policy, we lay out what data we collect and why, how your data is handled and your rights to your data. We promise we never sell your data: never have, never will.
As a customer and subscriber of Blockchain API products
Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need and that we will solely process this information to provide you with the service you signed up for.
We use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain service offerings. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection, data privacy and security standards.
We only share information with them that is required for the services offered.
As a user of CryptoCheckout
Users who pay invoices processed with CryptoCheckout do not need to provide any information. We only collect the wallet public key for the purposes of processing the payment.
Here’s what all of this means in practice:
What we collect and what we use it for
- An email address is required to create an account. You need to provide us with your email address if you want to create a Blockchain API account. That’s just so you can log in and personalize your new account, and we can send you invoices, updates or other essential information. However, you do not need an email to pay invoices via CryptoCheckout.
- All of the data that we collect is kept fully secured and hosted on reliable AWS infrastructure. The servers are owned by AWS, an American company.
- The blockchain payment process is handled the Solana blockchain.
- All emails are sent using a third-party email provider. Transactional emails and email reports (should you choose to subscribe to them) are sent using AWS SES.
- When you write to us with a question or to ask for help. We keep that correspondence, which includes the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future. We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries we receive.
Retention of data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or as otherwise set forth in this policy.
We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Blockchain API’s legal rights.
You can choose to delete your Blockchain API account at any time by contacting us. All your data will be permanently deleted immediately when you delete your account.
Changes and questions
We may update this policy as needed to comply with relevant regulations and reflect any new practices. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them on our company blog or social media profiles.
Last updated: April 28th, 2022